What is a statutory declaration of common-law union IMM5409?
Statutory declaration of common-law union IMM5409 is an official form that applicants fill out to claim their common-law partners while filling an application for immigration or citizenship in Canada.
What is a common-law partner?
A common-law union refers to a couple living together over a period of more than 12 months in the same residence without being bonded in marriage. Their living together is also known as cohabitation.
Who needs a statutory declaration of common-law union IMM5409?
It is only required by the applicants who have common-law partners. It is an official document which helps to prove that you are in a real and genuine relationship.
The solemn declaration of common-law union is also required for:
• Immigration to Canada
• Permanent residence in Canada
• Express Entry
• PNP application
How to demonstrate the authenticity of a common-law union?
While claiming the common-law partner in an application, following supporting documents are required to prove the validity of the common-law relationship.
• A shared property purchase agreement or jointly shared residential lease or mortgage
• A jointly purchased property other than the mentioned residence
• An evidence of a shared bank account
• A mutually purchased life insurance policy or
• Declared common-law union under the Canadian Income Tax Act
These documentary proofs are mandatory for immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada- a government department. It is also an essential document to prove your common-law union for immigration spousal sponsorship application.
How to fill out Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM5409?
In order to get this form filled correctly, consider the following important points.
The applicant is required to:
• make sure that s/he meets the criteria for applying for statutory declaration of common-law union
• fill out the form providing correct information
• provide full legal names as appear on your passport
• evidence of cohabitation – living together with your partner for at least 12 months
• mandatory presence of at least one of the partners for signing at public official – usually at City Hall or registry office in Canada
• evidence of shared residence e.g., shared utility bills
• letter of evidence from the landlord stating that you both have been living together for a certain period of time
• shared banking records
• any other documents proving your status as a couple
Where can I find and download the IMM 5409E form?
From where can I get my statutory declaration of common-law union IMM5409 verified?
Firstly, ensure that the application form is updated. It is of prime importance that the contents of the application and the supporting documents must be true to the knowledge of the applicant. Providing false and faulty information is a serious criminal offense and is punishable. After meticulous scrutiny, the application is signed and stamped either by Notary Public / Commission of Oath or the Commissioner of taking affidavits. It is mandatory for the partners or at least one of the partners to be physically present at the office of the Notary Public or the Commissioner of Oath.
How to notarize the IMM 5409 form?
All-Canada Notary in-person and online notary offices can help you complete the Statutory Declaration of Common Law Status. Book your appointment with our easy online booking: http://allcanadanotary.com/book-appointment/